Monday, January 2, 2012

busted seat

Driver's side was completely busted, broken springs, no foam left, and a mexican blanket shoved in to fill the hole.  When you sat down, you completely sunk... so I pulled it out to have a look.

Started taking off the multiple layers of vinyl and heard this fall out... arrowhead? Well if that's actually what it is, then he upgraded his weapon choice later on since I found a few bullet casings too.

Here's the lower frame stripped down to nothing but the springs and frame

Here's where the problem lies...

Most of the springs/clips were still there, just broken... so I did what I could to bend and weld what I had

shop dog is not impressed

the man at the upholstery shop gave me some wave springs and clips to rebuild with

I took some good springs from the center and put them where the broken driver's side springs were and then started fixing some of the broken springs to fill the gap I had created in the center.  One more to do and then a few side springs and it'll be good to receive new foam and vinyl.


No comments:

Post a Comment